I have neglected my website too long! My deepest apologies dear readers, but I assure you it’s been time well spent.
Things that I am doing currently:
- Print proofing Mists of Akuma (which should be on sale before the end of November)
- Developing the copy for Veranthea Codex: Forever Dark
- Helping Ryan Costello of Know Direction with a project he’s been cooking up for a while now
- Turning in projects to EN5ider and Drop Dead Studios
- Fulfilling Hypercorps 2099 physical Kickstarter rewards
- Celebrating the fantastic awesomeness of FAMOTH! If you are using Hypercorps 2099 for the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, this is THE Hypernet Handbook. Want to nerd rage as a barbarian hacker? Wear a nanite suit? Visit the curiously medieval processing server of Harsanath? Go get FAMOTH!
- Writing webpage updates that are really not as timely as they should be.
- Putting The Yai Sovereign of Storms and Fangs of Revenge, two Mists of Akuma adventures going to PDF and print, through their paces in layout.
- Translating Mists of Akuma to a mysterious RPG system!
- Reading the Mutants and Masterminds 3E core book again for mysterious reasons. 😉
- Polishing the pitch for a really awesome niche RPG in an intellectual property that I practically worship. I really, really wish I could tell people about it because it is AWESOME but I cannot do so for quite a while yet.
Rest assured that my oldest fans will go bonkers when they find out.
- Working on this amazing thing (Kickstarter before December!!):
If you are a GM interested in playtesting this (which will be on Kickstarter before December!) please comment below with how I can contact you, when you are scheduling your games, and the #2099Wasteland hashtag!
Awesome things you will find in Hypercorps 2099: Wasteland:
- A 120 page (or larger) book
- A World Design Engine: there will be stretch goals for a section that details a specific city or region, but the way I’m doing this will allow for GMs to generate the Wasteland as the PCs discover more of it
- Settlement Rules: Build a settlement, attack a settlement, defend your settlement, expand your settlement — it’s all here (and a preliminary graphic for it is below)
- Four New Classes: Doctor, Mechanic, Mutated Freak, and Scrapper. Doctors are the new healers (any non-necromancy magic has trouble functioning around radiation), Mechanics build deadly mechaframes they wear into battle, Mutated Freaks indulge in radiation and try to influence their mutations, and Scrappers are the technological masters of the Wasteland
- Class Archetypes like the Commando Fighter or Wasteland Trader Bard. I expect to have more of these as the project takes shape but as of right now, we’re mostly concerned with “I am the best at shooting” and “bartering is crucial”
- New Equipment and Weapons Rules. This will range from astronaut suits to plasma boots and we’re making a system for building a firearm from scrap or just improving whatever you’ve got on hand
- New Races, Backgrounds, and Feats. Play as an android, an awakened animal, an alien gaxion, a mutant, or the husk of life known as the smart walker. Did you grow up in an underground shelter? Have a childhood as part of a feral gang of scavengers? Get abducted by aliens? All also covered
- New Rules. These range from new conditions (such as starvation, irradiated, or limb damage) to new skills like Science and (the maybe familiar) Technology
- New Hazards. Be it EM Storms, Radstorms, Radtwisters, or Unexpected Detonations, the very nature of this alternate timeline is lethal
- A host of Wasteland Warlords, each with lackeys, soldiers, and commanders. The words of the day for Hypercorps 2099: Wasteland are “mad science” and I’ve been taking that to heart. Fight the militant Atomic Army, discover the secrets of the mysterious Bureau, battle against Axkrazdhi the Gaxian Masterlord, risk becoming a slave to the brain-slug Cult of Slarsh, and much more! Most excitingly, YOU, THE BACKERS, will determine which warlords make it into the book and which don’t!
- Surviving Operators. While they aren’t out fighting (or working for) hypercorporations in the Wasteland, some of the characters from the core Hypercorps 2099 timeline will also be present–although quite different–in this universe!
- MORE MONSTERS. Radiation dragon, irradiated elementals, psionic revenants, mordors, and the dreaded Wyrm — these will all be making an appearance in the Wasteland.
That’s all I can reveal right now! I’ll leave you with this amazing video of me playing Birdly, which was hands down the best two minutes of my life. IF YOU GET THE OPPORTUNITY TO TRY THIS, DO IT.
[…] If you missed the first post about this upcoming Kickstarter, you can find it here. […]
[…] All hail. All hail the Cult of Slaarsh. […]