Welcome to Hyper Score Marvel where every week I use Hypercorps 2099 to put together an iconic hero or villain from the world’s most popular superhero universe! Unlike Street Fighter D&D, this series is for both the Pathfinder players out there and D&D 5E groups as well.
Last week we had Vision and next we’ve got Hulk, then Thing, Rocket Raccoon, Emma Frost, Cyclops, Daredevil, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Jessica Jones, Punisher, Mr. Fantastic, Human Torch, Doctor Doom, Invisible Woman, and Loki. More requests are always welcome however–I’ll get to them all eventually! Full cast so far is over yonder. It’s also worth noting that there are freebies for Hypercorps 2099 and if you are like “awww man I have to download something!” I’ve got some brief explanations of the Hyper Score system right here in the Star Wars D&D 5E Hack.
If you spot a way this can improve, share the info! I’m on Twitter @MikeMyler2, Facebook, Google+, and you can leave messages below the post. Thanks!
Somebody asked for Thanos but I say to thee nay—let’s do the Infinity Gauntlet instead! If you haven’t read File Off The Serial Numbers by Sean K. Reynolds go spend $2 now (you won’t regret it) because that’s what we’re doing for Thanos.
Take the Void Yai Oni statblock and make the following changes:
- REMOVE outsider type (and native, oni, shapechanger subtypes), true seeing, regeneration, immunity to cold, mwk greatclub, change shape, void form, void trap
- ADD +2 to CR, humanoid type, damage resistance 15/hyper, resistances (cold 30, fire 30, electricity 30), immunities (aging, disease, mind-affecting effects, poison, radiation), increase Intelligence by 14 (making his skill total for all Knowledges +34 and adding 7 languages), Improved Critical (slam), starflight, Thanos’ spell-like abilities are only accessible while using his hovering chair
D&D 5E THANOS
Take the statistics for a Pit Fiend and make the following changes:
- REMOVE fiend type, fire immunity, truesight, wall of fire, bite, claw, and tail attacks
- ADD humanoid type, +1 CR, resistances (fire, lightning, necrotic, radiant, thunder), immunities (diseases, psychic), darkvision 120 ft., tongues
- CHANGE Multiattack to four slams per round, rename mace as slam, change additional damage from fire to necrotic (or psychic–GM’s choice).
By Redditor request:
Links to (free) Hyper Score promotional PDFs (Pathfinder, D&D 5E) that explain what a Hyper Score is, how it impacts a character sheet, and etc. 🙂
THE INFINITY GAUNTLET (Pathfinder)
Aura overwhelming (all schools); CL 30th
Slot hands; Weight 7 lbs. plus 1 lb. per infinity stone
This heavy metal gauntlet is made from a material similar to gold but far more lustrous and the power of the glove is palpable, making the air itself heavy.
The wearer of The Infinity Gauntlet gains 1 Hyper Score along with the 1st route in a hyper route of its choice, immediately gaining the benefit of their chosen hyper route. Once a creature has worn The Infinity Gauntlet and chosen this hyper route, the hyper route this item grants cannot be changed for that creature. The wearer retains this Hyper Score and hyper route only while wearing the Infinity Gauntlet. A target that removes it loses this Hyper Score and hyper route granted by this item, but instantly regains if it dons The Infinity Gauntlet again. Wearers that already have a Hyper Score only gain a hyper route if this item increases their Hyper Score enough to gain another hyper route. The Infinity Gauntlet cannot increase a creature’s Hyper Score beyond 10.
The Infinity Gauntlet uses up your entire hands slot. You may not use another item that also uses the hands slot.
When an Infinity Gem is added to The Infinity Gauntlet, the wearer gains one additional Hyper Score per Infinity Gem as well as additional hyper routes (according to their new Hyper Score). If all six Infinity Gems are added to The Infinity Gauntlet, the wearer may use their spell-like abilities at will and gains both miracle and wish as at-will spell-like abilities.
There is no known way to destroy The Infinity Gauntlet without taking it to another universe where it is transformed into a completely mundane and ordinary gold gauntlet.
THE INFINITY GAUNTLET (D&D 5e)
Wondrous item, artifact
The power of this golden gauntlet is palpable, making the air around it shimmer and quiver. When you are wearing The Infinity Gauntlet your 1 Hyper Score increases by 1 and you gain the 1st route in a hyper route of your choice (once chosen this cannot be changed). You only gain this Hyper Score while wearing The Infinity Gauntlet. If you already have a Hyper Score you only gain a hyper route if this item increases your Hyper Score enough to gain another hyper route (this cannot increase your Hyper Score above 10.)
Your Hyper Score increases by 1 per Infinity Gem added to the Infinity Gauntlet (gaining new hyper routes according to your new Hyper Score). If all you add all six Infinity Gems to The Infinity Gauntlet, the game is over and you have won the game (able to cast wish at will). Congratulations.
INFINITY GEM (Pathfinder)
Aura overwhelming (varies); CL 30th
Slot none; Weight 1 lb.
No chipping, tarnishing, or wear of any kind can be seen on this invaluably perfect gemstone and you can feel the powerful energies contained inside just by looking upon the jewel.
These remarkable gemstones float in the air and must be within 3 feet of their owner to be of any use. When a character first acquires an Infinity Gem, they must hold it and then release it, whereupon it takes up a circling orbit 1d3 feet from her head. Thereafter, an Infinity Gem must be grasped or netted to separate it from its owner. The owner may voluntarily seize and stow a stone (to keep it safe while they sleep, for example), but they lose the benefits of the Infinity Gem during that time unless it is clenched in their fist. Infinity Gems have AC 30, 100 hit points, and hardness 20. The powers of each stone vary depending on its color and shape (see below).
- Mind (Red) You gain a +4 enhancement bonus to Intelligence, telepathy 120 ft., and the following spell-like abilities (using Intelligence as your spellcasting attribute): at will–discern next of kin, intellect fortress I, mindlink, mental barrier I, mindscape door, mirror hideaway, mirror image, sow thought, thought shield II, 3/day–battlemind link, create mindscape, mindwipe, truespeak, 1/day–divide mind, greater create mindscape, mindblank, mind swap, repress memory, tower of iron will II.
- Power (Yellow) You roll twice when rolling a Strength check and take the best result and gain a +4 enhancement bonus to Strength, double your Base Attack Bonus to CMB and CMD, and the following spell-like abilities (using Strength as your spellcasting attribute): at will–deadly juggernaut, empowered bull’s strength, enlarge person, mighty fist of the earth, 3/day–divine power, mass bull’s strength, righteous might, transformation.
- Reality (Orange) You gain a +4 enhancement bonus to Wisdom, true sight 120 ft., and the following spell-like ability (using Wisdom as your spellcasting attribute): at will–adjustable disguise, blur, invisibility, 3/day–displacement, improved invisibility, major image, 1/day–limited wish, mislead, nightmare, shadow walk.
- Soul (Purple) You gain a +4 enhancement bonus to Charisma, access to all the memories of any creature trapped inside of the gem, a kinetic blast ability (as a kineticist of 15th level but dealing force damage; ranged touch, 8d6 + 1/2 the wearer’s Constitution modifier, range 30 ft), and the following spell-like abilities (using Charisma as your spellcasting attribute): constant–tongues, at will–hyper enervation (as enervation but lowering Hyper Score instead of dealing negative levels).
- Space (Green) You gain a +4 enhancement bonus to Dexterity, a +30 ft. enhancement bonus to speed, and the following spell-like abilities (using Dexterity as your spellcasting attribute): at will–burst of speed, dimension door, dimensional anchor, twisted space, 3/day–dimensional bounce, teleport, walk through space, 1/day–interplanetary teleport.
- Time (Blue) You gain a +4 enhancement bonus to Constitution, a +2 dodge bonus to AC and saving throws, cannot be caught flat-footed, and the following spell-like abilities (using Constitution as your spellcasting attribute): at will–haste, sands of time, slow, timely inspiration, time shudder, 3/day–elude time, 1/day–time stop.
There is no known way to destroy an Infinity Gem without taking it to another universe where it is transformed into a completely mundane and ordinary jewel.
INFINITY GEM (D&D 5e)
Wondrous item, artifact
When you use a bonus action to clench an Infinity Gem in your fist or an action to toss one of these jewels into the air, the gemstone orbits your head at a distance of 2 feet and confers a benefit to you. Thereafter, another creature must use an action to grasp or net the stone to separate it from you, either by making a successful attack roll against AC 26 or a successful DC 26 Dexterity (Acrobatics) check. You can use an action to seize and stow the stone, ending its effect.
An Infinity Gem has AC 26, 50 hit points, and resistance to all damage. It is considered to be an object that is being worn while it orbits your head. Unlike normal, an ability score increase from an Infinity Gem increases your maximum for that ability score by the same amount.
- Mind (Red). You gain advantage on Intelligence checks, your Intelligence increases by 3, you gain telepathy 120 ft., and you are able to cast the following spells without the need for components (using Intelligence as your spellcasting ability): 4/day–mirror image, 2/day–modify memory, 1/day–mind blank.
- Power (Yellow). You gain advantage on Strength checks, your Strength increases by 3, and you are able to cast the following spells without the need for components (using Strength as your spellcasting ability): at will–jump, 4/day–bull’s strength, enlarge.
- Reality (Orange). You gain advantage on Wisdom checks, your Wisdom increases by 3, and you are able to cast the following spells without the need for components (using Wisdom as your spellcasting ability): at will–disguise self, 4/day–blur, invisibility, 2/day–displacement, greater invisibility, major image.
- Soul (Purple). You gain advantage on Charisma checks, your Charisma increases by 3, access to all the memories of any creature trapped inside of the gem, and you are able to cast the following spells without the need for components (using Charisma as your spellcasting ability): constant–tongues, at will–eldritch blast. In addition, as an action you may make a ranged spell attack against a creature and on a successful hit, reduce its Hyper Score by 1d4 for as many days.
- Space (Green). You gain advantage on Dexterity checks, your Dexterity increases by 3, your speed increases by 30 ft., and you are able to cast the following spells without the need for components (using Dexterity as your spellcasting ability): 4/day–misty step, 2/day–dimension door, 1/day–teleport.
- Time (Blue). You gain advantage on Constitution checks, your Constitution increases by 3, your AC increases by 2, you cannot be flanked, and you are able to cast the following spells without the need for components (using Constitution as your spellcasting ability): 4/day–haste, 1/day–time stop.
[…] week we had Thanos (and The Infinity Gauntlet and the Infinity Gems!) and next we’ve got Thing, then Rocket Raccoon, Emma Frost, Cyclops, Daredevil, Luke Cage, Iron […]
Just a heads up, the gems aren’t the right colour; Green = Time, Purple = Power, Red = Reality, Orange = Mind, Blue = Space and Yellow = Soul.
Thanks Noble! Fixed! 😀
Be aware. The color of the gems change constantly depending on the medium.
For Pathfinder that ought to be mythic wish at will. Absolute control of reality. Both mythic wish and wish fall well below that.
And it is the IG. The completed gauntlet should have mythic and free augments for all relevant spells. Like time stop. In the IG series, Thanos stops time for everyone but a select few. Exactly mythic timestop. He probably could maintain it indefinitely. Augments.
Reblogged this on RPG Material of Many Genres and commented:
Just a reminder to newcomers that this is tucked away in here. ;D
What is the hyper score? In 5e
It’s part of the Hyper Score system, a collection of rules you lay over the core 5E rules like you would a template.
You can read more about it and get a feel for how it works in the 5E Hyper Score playtest, a free PDF over on this page –> https://mikemyler.com/free-hypercorps-stuff/
Reblogged this on Worlds of Aeternum.