Large* humanoid (turtle folk), lawful evil monk (elemental) 12
Armor Class 17 (natural armor)
Hit Points 102 (12d8+48)
Speed 40 ft.
|20 (+5)||8 (-1)||18 (+4)||8 (-1)||14 (+2)||12 (+1)|
Saving Throws Str +9, Dex +3
Skills Athletics +9, Intimidation +5, Perception +6, Stealth +3, Survival +6
Damage Immunities poison
Condition Immunities disease, poisoned
Senses passive Perception 16
Languages Aquan, Common
Challenge 8 (3,900 XP)
Evasion. When Bowser is subjected to an effect that allows him to make a Dexterity saving throw to take only half damage, he instead takes no damage if he succeeds on the saving throw, and only half damage if he fails.
Hold Breath. Bowser can hold his breath for up to 1 hour at a time.
Ki (12 points/Short Rest). Bowser can spend ki to fuel the following features, including disciplines. When using a discipline to cast a spell, he does not require material components (spell save DC 14). Bowser can spend extra ki points to increase a discipline spell’s level so long as the spell can be cast at a higher level. Spells are cast at +1 increased spell level for every additional ki point spent. Bowser can spend no more than 4 ki points to cast a spell.
- Cinders. Bowser can spend 2 ki points to cast burning hands.
- Fire Fangs. Bowser can spend 1 ki point when he takes the Attack action to increase the reach of his unarmed strikes by 10 ft. until the end of the turn. On a successful hit, he deals fire damage instead of slashing damage. Bowser can spend an additional 1 ki point on a successful hit to deal an extra 1d10 fire damage.
- Patient Defense. Bowser can spend 1 ki point to take the Dodge action as a bonus action on his turn.
- Phoenix-Flame. Bowser can spend 4 ki points to cast fireball.
- Step of the Wind. Bowser can spend 1 ki point to take the Disengage or Dash action as a bonus action on his turn.
- Stunning Strike. Bowser can spend 1 ki point to attempt to stun a creature he hits with a melee weapon attack. The target must succeed on a DC 14 Constitution saving throw or be stunned until the end of his next turn.
Safe Shell. Bowser can use an action to hide in his shell. While hidden in his shell, his AC increases to 21, he has advantage on Strength and Constitution saving throws, he is prone, his Speed is reduced to and cannot increase past 0 ft., he has disadvantage on Dexterity saving throws, and he can’t take reactions–he is only able to use a bonus action to stop hiding in his shell and no other actions.
Stillness of Mind. Bowser can use his action to end one effect on himself that is causing him to be charmed or frightened.
Extra Attack. Bowser attacks twice (if attacking with unarmed strikes he can spend his bonus action to attack a third time or his bonus action and 1 ki to attack a third and fourth time).
Unarmed Strike. Melee Weapon Attack: +9 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 9 (1d8+5) magical slashing damage.
Deflect Missile. Bowser can use his reaction to deflect or catch the missile when he is hit by a ranged weapon attack. When he does so, the damage he takes from the attack is reduced by 1d10+11. When the damage is reduced to 0, he can catch the missile if it is small enough for him to hold in one hand and he has at least one hand free. If he catches a missile in this way, Bowser can spend 1 ki point to make a ranged attack with the weapon or piece of ammunition he just caught, as part of the same reaction (+9 to hit, range 20/60 ft., 1d8+5 damage).
Slow Fall. Bowser can use his reaction when he falls to reduce any falling damage he takes by 60.
* Being Large-sized has no mechanical impact on Bowser’s statistics.
Coming by to see what’s up in Mike’s World? Very cool of you! ❤ My vacation to NYC was great and (thanks in large part to my overwhelmingly generous host) extremely affordable. We also spent almost all of our time playing Super Smash Bros. Ultimate which helped keep things on the cheap and unlocked all the characters inside of about 60 hours (interrupted here and there with the best dumplings the Big Apple had to offer). It was bliss.
Now that I’m back I’ve cleaned up the inbox, caught up on some EN-bookkeeping, and later today start digging into the warlord pitches for Vast Kaviya (my last 5E setting, so help me jebus). Artwork drafts poured in while I was away and some decisions were made (might have a new artist joining the crew soon!). Before Christmas begins I need to finish layout for the SotDL version of Mists of Akuma: Trade War–and now that I think of it I need to convert over the Golden Carp and Cursed Well of Itami sidequests so I’ll be able to finish it!
Happy holidays. 😉