It’s been quite a while since we started into Final Fantasy VII with Cloud Strife but I’m back on the wagon now–at least for a few characters! Otherwise we’ve already been through the original Final Fantasy game, the central cast of the iconic Super Mario RPG, and even dipped our toes into some Fallout action.
Let’s get to the beat-em-up broad that puts all others to shame: TIFA LOCKHEART! ♥
Medium humanoid (human), neutral monk (open fist) 6/fighter (champion) 4
Armor Class 18 (Wisdom)
Hit Points 69 (6d8+4d10+20)
Speed 45 ft.
|11 (+0)||20 (+5)||14 (+2)||10 (+0)||16 (+3)||
Saving Throws Str +4, Dex +9
Skills Acrobatics +9, Insight +7, Perception +7, Persuasion +5, Stealth +9
Senses passive Perception 17
Challenge 8 (3,900 XP)
Action Surge (1/Short Rest). On her turn, Tifa can take an additional action on top of her regular action and a possible bonus action.
Feat: Athletic. Tifa can stand up from being prone with only 5 feet of her movement, climbing doesn’t cost her extra movement, and she only has to move 5 feet before making a running long jump or running high jump.
Improved Critical. Tifa’s weapon attacks score a critical hit on a roll of 19 or 20.
Ki (6 points/Short Rest). Tifa can spend ki points to fuel various ki features.
- Flurry of Blows. Immediately after Tifa takes the Attack action on her turn, she can spend 1 ki point to make two unarmed strikes as a bonus action.
- Patient Defense. Tifa can spend 1 ki point to take the Dodge action as a bonus action on her turn.
- Step of the Wind. Tifa can spend 1 ki point to take the Disengage or Dash action as a bonus action on her turn and her jump distance is doubled for the turn.
- Stunning Attack. Tifa can spend 1 ki point to attempt to stun a creature she hits with a melee weapon attack. The target must succeed on a DC 15 Constitution saving throw or be stunned until the end of her next turn.
Martial Arts. Tifa can use Dexterity instead of Strength for the attack and damage rolls of her unarmed strikes and monk weapons. In addition, when Tifa uses the Attack action with an unarmed strike or a monk weapon on his turn, she can make one unarmed strike as a bonus action.
Open Hand Technique. Whenever Tifa hits a creature with one of the attacks granted by her Flurry of Blows, she can impose one of the following effects on that target:
- It must succeed on a DC 15 Dexterity saving throw or be knocked prone.
- It must make a Strength saving throw. If it fails, Tifa can push it up to 15 feet away from her.
- It can’t take reactions until the end of Tifa’s next turn.
Second Wind (1/Short Rest). On his turn, Tifa can use a bonus action to regain 1d10+4 hit points.
Wholeness of Body (1/Long Rest). As an action, Tifa regains 18 hit points.
Extra Attack. Tifa attacks twice when she takes the attack action (using a bonus action she can attack a third time with Martial Arts, or a third and fourth time with 1 ki to use Flurry of Blows).
Unarmed. Melee Weapon Attack: +9 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 8 (1d6+5) magical bludgeoning damage.
Fighting Gloves (as a club). Melee Weapon Attack: +9 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 10 (1d6+7) magical bludgeoning damage.
Deflect Missiles. Tifa can use her reaction to deflect or catch the missile when she is hit by a ranged weapon attack. When she does so, the damage she takes from the attack is reduced by 1d10+6. When the damage is reduced to 0, she can catch the missile if it is small enough for her to hold in one hand and she has at least one hand free. If she catches a missile in this way, Tifa can spend 1 ki point to make a ranged attack with the weapon or piece of ammunition she just caught, as part of the same reaction (+9 to hit, range 20/60 ft., 1d6+5 damage).
Slow Fall. Tifa can use her reaction when she falls to reduce any falling damage she takes by 30.