The Final Fantasy VII character series finishes up with the heroes of the game today! There are already builds for Cloud Strife, Tifa Lockheart, Aerith Gainsborough, Barret Wallace, Vincent Valentine, Yuffie Kurisagi, Red XIII, heck even Cait Sith–but this series also has the original Final Fantasy game cast, the party from Super Mario RPG, and some Fallout action too. Fighting video game fans should also check out the Mortal Kombat thread or the Street Fighter PDF linked above!
One of my favorite characters and a mainstay in my party, this guy’s probably got the coolest starting area/sequence to gaining a party member in Final Fantasy VII. It definitely helps that he’s an airship pilot. I could be referring to nobody else other than CID HIGHWIND!
Medium humanoid (human), lawful neutral fighter (samurai) 11/rogue 2
Armor Class 20 (studded leather, martial arts stance, defensive fighting style)
Hit Points 95 (11d10+2d8+26)
Speed 30 ft.
|16 (+3)||16 (+3)||14 (+2)||10 (+0)||10 (+0)||11 (+0)|
Saving Throws Str +8, Con +7, Wis +5
Skills Athletics +13, History +5, Intimidation +5, Perception +5
Tools Vehicle (air) +10
Senses passive Perception 15
Languages Common, Thieves’ Cant
Challenge 10 (5,900 XP)
Action Surge (1/Short Rest). Once on his turn, Cid can take an additional action on top of his regular action and a possible bonus action.
Boots of Striding & Springing. Cid can jump three times the normal distance, though he can’t jump farther than his remaining movement would allow.
Cunning Action (1/Turn). Cid can take a bonus action to take the Dash, Disengage, or Hide action.
* Feats: Godly Claw Stance (3). Cid gains the following benefits when wielding a spear:
- His attacks with this weapon score a critical hit on a roll of 18–20.
- +2 bonus on ranged attack rolls and +2 bonus on melee damage rolls with this weapon (included below).
- +2 bonus on Strength (Athletics) checks made to use this weapon to trip a creature.
- He can use his reaction to deflect the missile when he is hit by a ranged weapon attack. When he does so, the damage he takes from the attack is reduced by 1d10+5.
- Creatures have disadvantage on checks made to disarm this weapon from him.
- When he hits a creature with a melee attack using this weapon, he chooses a creature adjacent to the target and within his reach. Cid can use a bonus action to make a melee weapon attack against the second creature.
Indomitable (1/Long Rest). Cid can reroll a saving throw that he fails but must use the new roll.
Second Wind (1/Short Rest). On his turn, Cid can use a bonus action to regain 1d10+11 hit points.
Sneak Attack (1/Turn). Cid deals an extra 3 (1d6) damage when he hits a target with a weapon attack and has advantage on the attack roll, or when the target is within 5 feet of an ally of Cid that isn’t incapacitated and Cid doesn’t have disadvantage on the attack roll.
Warrior Spirit (3/Long Rest). Cid can use a bonus action to gain 10 temporary hit points and advantage on weapon attack rolls until the end of his turn.
Extra Attack (2). Cid attacks three times.
Spear. Melee Weapon Attack: +8 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 9 (1d8+5) piercing damage.
Spear. Ranged Weapon Attack: +10 to hit, range 20/60 ft., one target. Hit: 7 (1d8+3) piercing damage.
* Godly Claw Stance is a martial arts stance feat from Mists of Akuma: Trade War.
[…] Gainsborough, Barret Wallace, Vincent Valentine, Yuffie Kurisagi, Red XIII, Cait Sith, and Cid Highwind–but this series also has the original Final Fantasy game cast, the party from Super Mario […]