Medium humanoid (necroji [M]), neutral evil warlock (cursed sword) 6/fighter (master of battle) 11
Armor Class 19 (mage armor, shield)
Hit Points 121 (6d8+11d10+34)
Speed 25 ft.
|10 (+0)||18 (+4)||14 (+2)||10 (+0)||8 (-1)||18 (+4)|
Saving Throws Wis +5, Cha +10
Skills Arcana +6, Intimidation +10, Perception +5, Stealth +10
Damage Vulnerabilities radiant
Damage Resistances cold, lightning, necrotic, poison; piercing
Condition Immunities poisoned
Senses darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 15
Languages Common, one other (usually Soburi and Ropa)
Challenge 12 (8,400 XP)
Action Surge (1/Short Rest). Once on his turn, Spinal can take an additional action on top of his regular action and a possible bonus action.
Cursed Warrior. Spinal can use his Charisma modifier (instead of Strength or Dexterity) for attack and damage rolls using weapons from Pact of the Blade.
Feat: War Magic. Spinal has advantage when he is concentrating on a spell and has to make a Constitution saving throw from taking damage, he can wield weapons or a shield in both hands and still make somatic components for spellcasting, and can use his reaction to cast a spell (maximum casting time: 1 action) at a creature that provokes an opportunity attack from him.
Fell Blade (1/Short Rest). Spinal can use a bonus action to curse a creature he can see within 30 feet. This curse ends early if the target or Spinal dies, he becomes incapacitated, or after 1 minute has passed. Spinal’s damage rolls against the target gain a +6 bonus, and his weapon attacks against the target score a critical hit on a roll of 19 or 20. When Spinal kills a target he has cursed, he regains 10 hit points.
Hated. Spinal has disadvantage on Wisdom and Charisma checks against any humanoid that doesn’t also have the hated condition but he never has disadvantage on Charisma (Intimidation) checks.
Indomitable (1/Long Rest). Spinal can reroll a saving throw that he fails but must use the new roll.
Maneuver Master (5d10/Short Rest). Spinal can expend a maneuver dice to perform a single maneuver with an attack.
- Counter. Spinal uses his reaction to make a melee attack against a creature that misses him with a melee attack, dealing 1d10 additional damage on a hit.
- Disarm. A creature Spinal has hit with an attack takes 1d10 additional damage and makes a DC 18 Strength saving throw or drops one held item of his choice.
- Feint. Spinal can use his bonus action to feint against one creature within 5 feet. He has advantage on his next attack roll against that creature as long as it before the end of his turn. On a hit he deals 1d10 additional damage.
- Sweep. Spinal chooses a creature adjacent to him target and within his reach and on a hit, the adjacent creature takes 1d10 damage (of the same type as the weapon attack).
- Trip. Spinal deals 1d10 additional damage and if the target is a creature of Large size or smaller, it makes a DC 18 Strength saving throw or is knocked prone.
Pact of the Blade. Spinal can use his action to create a pact weapon in his empty hand. He can choose the form that this melee weapon takes each time he creates it (usually a longsword). He is proficient with it while he wields it. This weapon counts as magical for the purpose of overcoming resistance and immunity to nonmagical attacks and damage. The pact weapon disappears if it is more than 5 feet away from Spinal for 1 minute or more. It also disappears if he uses this feature again, if he dismisses the weapon (no action required), or if he dies.
Second Wind (1/Short Rest). On his turn, Spinal can use a bonus action to regain 1d10+11 hit points.
Spellcasting (Recharge on Short Rest). Spinal is a 6th-level warlock that uses Charisma as his spellcasting ability (spell save DC 18; +10 to hit with spell attacks). He can cast the following spells from the warlock’s spell list:
- Cantrips: chill touch, eldritch blast, mage hand
- 3rd-level (2 spell slots): blur, branding smite, fear, hellish rebuke, misty step, shield, vampiric touch
Undead Abomination. Spinal does not need to eat, drink water, or breathe. He still requires a resting period that emulates sleep in order to recharge his inner workings.
Yoke the Soul (1/Long Rest). When Spinal kills a humanoid creature, he can choose for its soul to rise as a specter with an extra 6 temporary hit points and +4 bonus to attack rolls. Until the end of Spinal’s next long rest, it obeys his verbal commands.
Extra Attack. Spinal attacks three times.
Pact Longsword. Melee Weapon Attack: +10 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 10 (1d8+6) magical slashing damage.
Eldritch Blast. Ranged Weapon Attack: +12 to hit, range 300 ft., four beams at up to four targets. Hit: 9 (1d10+4) force damage.
M = Mists of Akuma