Medium humanoid (human), lawful good monk (open hand) 17
Armor Class 19 (Wisdom, martial arts stance)
Hit Points 110 (17d8+34)
Speed 55 ft.
|15 (+2)||16 (+3)||14 (+2)||10 (+0)||16 (+3)||9 (-1)|
Saving Throws Str +6, Dex +9, Con +8, Int +6, Wis +9, Cha +5
Skills Athletics +6, Investigation +6, Perception +9, Stealth +9, Survival +9
Damage Resistances slashing
Damage Immunities poison
Condition Immunities disease, poisoned
Senses passive Perception 19
Challenge 11 (7,200 XP)
Evasion. When Jago is subjected to an effect that allows them to make a Dexterity saving throw to take only half damage, he instead takes no damage if he succeeds on the saving throw, and only half damage if he fails.
Feat: Stance of the Tiger’s Claw (3) [M]. Jago has advantage on Charisma (Intimidation) checks and checks made to disarm a foe or avoid being disarmed. In addition, Jago may roar as a bonus action to give enemies within 20 feet of him the frightened condition for 1d4 rounds; a DC 16 Wisdom saving throw resists the effect. He cannot use this feature again until he has completed a long rest.
Ki (17 points/Short Rest). Jago can spend ki to fuel the following features:
- Diamond Soul. Whenever Jago makes a saving throw and fails, he can spend 1 ki point to reroll it and take the second result.
- Flurry of Blows. Immediately after Jago takes the Attack action on his turn, he can spend 1 ki point to make two unarmed strikes as a bonus action.
- Patient Defense. Jago can spend 1 ki point to take the Dodge action as a bonus action on his turn.
- Step of the Wind. Jago can spend 1 ki point to take the Disengage or Dash action as a bonus action on his turn.
- Stunning Strike. Jago can spend 1 ki point to attempt to stun a creature he hits with a melee weapon attack. The target must succeed on a DC 17 Constitution saving throw or be stunned until the end of Jago’s next turn.
Open Hand Technique. Whenever Jago hits a creature with one of the attacks granted by his Flurry of Blows, he can impose one of the following effects on that target:
- It must succeed on a DC 17 Dexterity saving throw or be knocked prone.
- It must make a Strength saving throw. If it fails, Jago can push it up to 15 feet away from him.
- It can’t take reactions until the end of Jago’s next turn.
Stillness of Mind. Jago can use his action to end one effect on himself that is causing him to be charmed or frightened.
Timeless Body. Jago can’t be aged magically and does not need food or water.
Extra Attack. Jago attacks twice when he takes the attack action (using a bonus action he can attack a third time with Martial Arts, or a third and fourth time with 1 ki to use Flurry of Blows).
Unarmed. Melee Weapon Attack: +9 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 8 (1d10+3) magical bludgeoning damage plus 4 (1d8) slashing damage.
Deflect Missiles. Jago can use his reaction to deflect or catch the missile when he is hit by a ranged weapon attack. When he does so, the damage he takes from the attack is reduced by 1d10+17. When the damage is reduced to 0, he can catch the missile if it is small enough for him to hold in one hand and he has at least one hand free. If he catches a missile in this way, Jago can spend 1 ki point to make a ranged attack with the weapon or piece of ammunition he just caught, as part of the same reaction (+9 to hit, range 20/60 ft., 1d10+3 damage).
Slow Fall. Jago can use his reaction when he falls to reduce any falling damage he takes by 85.
M = Mists of Akuma