Check out this super sweet video made by Mike Lafferty over at @BAMFPodcast on Twitter! –> https://twitter.com/i/status/1256028434746298368
Medium humanoid (human), chaotic neutral monk (pyrokine [V]) 6/rogue (thief) 3/elementalist (fire) [V] 8
Armor Class 19 (Wisdom, martial arts stances)
Hit Points 110 (17d8+34)
Speed 65 ft.
|10 (+0)||16 (+3)||14 (+2)||11 (+0)||16 (+3)||10 (+0)|
Saving Throws Str +6, Dex +9
Skills Acrobatics +9, Athletics +6, Investigation +6, Perception +15, Stealth +15
Damage Immunities fire
Senses darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 25
Languages Common, Ignan, Primordial, Thieves’ Cant
Challenge 12 (8,400)
Blazing Technique. Whenever Cinder hits a creature with one of the attacks granted by his Flurry of Blows, he can impose one of the following effects on that target:
- It must succeed on a DC 17 Dexterity saving throw or it ignites. Until a creature takes an action to douse the fire, the target takes 2 (1d4) fire damage at the start of each of its turns.
- It takes an extra 2 (1d4) fire damage.
- It must succeed on a DC 17 Wisdom saving throw or is blinded until the end of his next turn.
Burning Devotion. When Cinder deals fire damage, he deals an extra 2 (1d4) fire damage (included below).
Conjure Minor Elementals (1/Short Rest). Cinder can innately cast conjure minor elementals to summon fire elementals, requiring no material components or concentration.
Conjure Elemental (1/Long Rest). Cinder can innately cast conjure elemental to summon a fire elemental, requiring no material components or concentration.
Cunning Action (1/Turn). Cinder can take a bonus action to take the Dash, Disengage, Hide or Use Object action, Dexterity (Sleight of Hand) check, or to use thieves’ tools to disarm a trap or open a lock.
Elemental Control: Fire. Cinder can use a bonus action to affect fire (as mage hand), or use a bonus action to conjure a handful of fire. The conjured element harms neither him nor his equipment. He can use this ability to craft wondrous and impressive displays, light his way, or ignite campfires.
Elemental Form (1/Short Rest). Cinder can use an action to transform his body into fire for 1 minute. For the duration or until he goes unconscious, he gains the following benefits:
- Cinder’s size changes to Large.
- Cinder has resistance to cold, bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing from nonmagical weapons.
- Cinder is immune to fire and poison damage.
- Cinder has immunity to the exhaustion, grappled, paralyzed, petrified, poisoned, prone, and restrained conditions.
- Cinder can move through a space as narrow as 1 inch wide without squeezing.
- A creature that touches Cinder or hits him with a melee attack while within 5 feet takes 5 (1d10) fire damage.
- Cinder can enter a hostile creature’s space and stop there. The first time he enters a creature’s space on his turn, that creature takes 5 (1d10) fire damage and catches fire; until someone takes an action to douse the fire, the creature takes 5 (1d10) fire damage at the start of each of its turns.
- Cinder sheds bright light in a 30-foot radius and dim light an additional 30 feet.
- Cinder’s unarmed strike damage increases to 2d8. When he hits a creature or flammable object, it ignites. Until a creature takes an action to douse the fire, the target takes 5 (1d10) fire damage at the start of each of its turns.
Elemental Touch. Cinder can use an action to wreathe his hands in flames for 1 minute, dealing an additional 5 (1d10) fire damage when he hits with an unarmed strike (included below).
Elemental Weaponry. Cinder can use his Elemental Touch to deal additional damage when wielding a melee weapon or ranged weapon. When wielding a weapon with the ammunition property, his Elemental Touch automatically replaces the normal ammunition (creating fire bullets for slings, water bolts for crossbows, and the like).
Fiery Step. Cinder can use a bonus action to propel himself with a fiery explosion, moving 50 feet in a straight line without provoking opportunity attacks.
Fire Soul. Cinder knows the fire bolt cantrip, using Dexterity as his spellcasting ability (+9 to hit with spell attacks).
Flicker. Cinder has two reactions each round (instead of one).
Ki (6 points/Short Rest). Cinder can spend ki points to fuel various ki features.
- Flurry of Blows. Immediately after Cinder takes the Attack action on his turn, he can spend 1 ki point to make two unarmed strikes as a bonus action.
- Patient Defense. Cinder can spend 1 ki point to take the Dodge action as a bonus action on his turn.
- Step of the Wind. Cinder can spend 1 ki point to take the Disengage or Dash action as a bonus action on his turn, his jump distance is doubled for the turn.
- Stunning Attack. Cinder can spend 1 ki point to attempt to stun a creature he hits with a melee weapon attack. The target must succeed on a DC 17 Constitution saving throw or be stunned until the end of his next turn.
Like Fire. Cinder knows the produce flame cantrip, using Dexterity as his spellcasting ability (+9 to hit with spell attacks).
Martial Arts. Cinder can use Dexterity instead of Strength for the attack and damage rolls of his unarmed strikes and monk weapons. In addition, when Cinder uses the Attack action with an unarmed strike or a monk weapon on his turn, he can make one unarmed strike as a bonus action.
Second-Story Work. Climbing does not cost Cinder extra movement. When he makes a running jump, the distance he covers increases by 3 feet.
Sneak Attack (1/Turn). Cinder deals an extra 7 (2d6) damage when he hits a target with a weapon attack and has advantage on the attack roll, or when the target is within 5 feet of an ally of Cinder’s that isn’t incapacitated and he doesn’t have disadvantage on the attack roll.
Stance of Fire’s Eternal Vengeance (3; 1/Long Rest) [M]. Cinder’s strikes deal an additional 4 (1d8) fire damage and he gains immunity to fire damage. As an action, he can erupt with the fury of his inner fire, dealing 54 (12d8) fire damage to all creatures and objects within 15 feet. A DC 17 Dexterity saving throw reduces this damage by half.
Extra Attack. Cinder attacks twice when he takes the attack action (using a bonus action he can attack a third time with Martial Arts, or a third and fourth time with 1 ki to use Flurry of Blows).
Unarmed. Melee Weapon Attack: +9 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 6 (1d6+3) magical bludgeoning damage plus 12 (1d10+1d8+1d4) fire damage.
Deflect Missiles. Cinder can use his reaction to deflect or catch the missile when he is hit by a ranged weapon attack. When he does so, the damage he takes from the attack is reduced by 11 (1d10+6). When the damage is reduced to 0, he can catch the missile if it is small enough for him to hold in one hand and he has at least one hand free. If he catch a missile in this way, Cinder can spend 1 ki point to make a ranged attack with the weapon or piece of ammunition he just caught, as part of the same reaction (+9 to hit, range 20/60 ft., 1d6+3 damage plus 1d10+1d8+1d4 fire damage).
Slow Fall. Cinder can use his reaction when he falls to reduce any falling damage he takes by 30.
M = Mists of Akuma
V = Vast Kaviya