Vast Kaviya [322 pages]
This super massive world of primal struggle is a decentralized campaign setting and bestiary (22 areas with 100+ statblocks). Within are warlords all with their own lairs, minions, and guidelines for how they interact with one another, giving GMs a new toolbox of NPCs and unique areas to either include in their homebrew fantasy setting for some old school sword and sorcery, or to gradually discover using the book’s Exploration Rules! There are 13 major tenets about the world that are true no matter where one travels however—for more details on those check out the free primer PDF.
This free 40-page preview PDF explores a super massive planet of primal struggle for Fifth Edition, a new campaign setting and NPC resource currently crowdfunding on GameOnTabletop. Here’s what you’ll find in the preview!
- 6 of the tenets about Vast Kaviya that are common the world over (more available at the VastKaviya website)
- 2 of the 20 different warlords (Tohgai the Awakened Reef and Kalar the Lizard Lord, each with their own mapped lair, minions, and guidelines for how they interact with one another)
- a preview of the book’s bestiary with 7 new monsters (the barbarian-thief, dunia, nature guardian, patukolai, plummetusaur, devastation cockatrice, and devastation hydra)
- the mongrelfolk and taino-kar (dinosaur people) races
- the Hivemind warlock patron
- Mana ability score
- tips for using any of Vast Kaviya‘s warlords in a medieval fantasy setting
- the Vast Kaviya character sheet for Fifth Edition
This book is a collection of the player-oriented gaming material from the Vast Kaviya campaign setting for 5E. Check out the free primer PDF to see if this book devoted to primordial and savage adventures is right for you!
- New Races! Joining classics like boggards, gnolls, and mongrelfolk are the plant-like alai, insectile kanca, parasitic ottunni, and saurian taino-kar. There’s also new subraces for aasimar (elated, soul, and vindico) as well as genasi (acid, ash, mist, and mud), dwarves (mistdweorg), and halflings (mistling).
- New Class Archetypes! Path of the Psion-Primal barbarians, Lunar clerics, Burning druids, Primal Leader fighters, Pyrokine monks, Oath of Web paladins, Primal Hunter rangers, Savage Poisoner rogues, Animator sorcerers, Dreamer sorcerers, and two new warlock patrons (the Grandmother and Hivemind).
- New Classes! The dual-natured agile warrior gemini class appears here with the atavist, equalist, and reluctant hero balances, and it’s got a new archetype that revolves around day and night—the nychthemeron. If you’ve always wanted to tame a simple-minded creature to go on adventures with (be that an aberration, beast, dragon, monstrosity, or ooze of Intelligence 5 or less), look no further than the monster tamer class! There are also four unique 8 level prestige classes: elementalists that ultimately transform into their chosen element, fractured soul shapeshifters with nuanced control over their bodies, magic-eaters that become tougher and more lethal by rejecting all things supernatural, and primal shamans that unlock primitive psionic powers.
- New Options! Discover who your Amnesiac background adventurer truly is, gain control over slivers of magic using naturally occurring raw mana, or take a feat to embrace your mistdweorg ancestors or the illumination granted by the underground City of Lost’s potent Sun Stone—or set your sights on stealing the legendary gemstone!
Vast Kaviya: Warlord Encounters [24 pages]
This PDF expands the cultures, regions, and warlords in the brutal Vast Kaviya campaign setting with 21 pages full of detailed encounters perfect for use in any savage campaign using the DnD 5E rules! Check out a sample below!
Vast Kaviya: Naked Dragon’s Lair [26 pages]
Don’t have the Vast Kaviya campaign setting yet? No worries! You can fully enjoy this module with nothing more than the free 40 page primer. GMs using their own homebrew worlds will be in good shape as well but the adventure is best when played in the gritty, hard fought, and desperate sword-and-sandal lands of Vast Kaviya.
Rumors spread of a mysterious group at the top of Mukkiya Mountain paying high bounties for live halflings—not just gold coins but even items imbued with magic. Raiders far and wide have started abducting whole settlements of smallfolk yet the village of Stillwater is trying to stand up to these foul kidnappers, seeking out hardened protectors to defend them. Whatever side the adventurers take brings them to the mountain but ascending it is no simple matter and the party must bypass the baring horde, climb the Cliffs of Madness, cross the territory of a dreaded ayutam, or maneuver up the Spiked Slopes. When they reach their destination the PCs discover the truth behind the halfling bounty and face perhaps the mightiest creature they’ve ever seen!
- A full adventure for 4–5 PCs of 6th level filled with gritty adventures in an unforgiving world.
- Abduction raider (CR 8), baring (CR 2), ayutam (CR 9), and Bezkusmet the Unscaled (CR 10).
- 109 pieces of Raw Mana, a new kind of magic item specific to Vast Kaviya that introduces true rarity and granularity to spell access in D&D 5E.
These GM screen inserts are great for any game of primordial and savage adventuring, but particularly well suited for the Vast Kaviya campaign setting for 5E. Check out the free primer PDF to see if this primitive world is right for you!